Should you be worried about only using a .COM domain name for your Small Business? How do you deal with coming up with a domain name if your Small Business name is not available as a .COM web address? Join us for episode 137 of the Small Business Show to find out what longtime, serial Small Business owners Dave Hamilton and Shannon Jean think about this and much more.
We then jump into a riveting discussion about old-school merchant credit card processing vs. newer solutions from Stripe, Square and Paypal. Dave shares his story of having to dig deep into actual paper reports to find out just how much his business has been getting charged and what roadblocks are being put in his way to keep his customers ongoing, subscription based payments intact when he changes processors.
In the end, we agree with Paypal COO Bill Ready when he says “Talking about payment processing just for the sake of payment processing is just not that interesting.” The discussion needs to be about how transparent, contextual and portable can payment processing become.
Listen in and then visit the Small Business Show Support Group on Facebook to ask your questions or comment!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #137 September 20, 2017
- 00:01:00 The concept of limited willpower
- 00:03:04 Todd-URLs for your Company name
- 00:07:25 Changing Merchant Providers
- Traditional gateway/bank processor vs. Stripe, Square, Paypal
- 00:11:06 The power of printing reports on paper to find out what’s going on
- 00:13:07 Watch the numbers!
- 00:15:27 Authorize.net tries one last time to screw Dave
- 00:17:50 Watch out for old-school, handcuff business models
- 00:23:19 Payments should be a boring thing, with the price going down
- 00:24:54 SBS Outtro