Marketing your business online, whether on search engines or social media can be challenging. There are so many platforms, where do you focus most of your energy? How do you measure results and what tactics have the biggest impact with a limited marketing budget? Today on the Small Business Show, we’re going to answer those questions and more as we’re joined by Kirk La Sala, digital marketing expert from Tanglefree.
Join us today for an in-depth dive on digital marketing, along with insights from Kirk and your hosts Shannon Jean and Dave Hamilton from their own experiences with marketing Small Businesses online.
You’ll hear the story of how Kirk developed his Talent Stack over 15-years by running his own businesses, as well as managing online marketing for other companies. Kirk shares a number of valuable tips that will help any Small Business owner plan and improve their digital marketing.
We discuss applications of Pull Marketing using keywords on search engines or Push Marketing using social media and which method you should be using, or mixing together, as well as using a Pick Chart to help focus where your attention should be to have the biggest impact on your success. You’ll hear why setting up your analytics correctly at the start of any digital marketing program is key to success and how email marketing should be an important part of your program.
There’s a wealth of information on this episode that you don’t want to miss. Listen in, then join us at the Small Business Support Group to ask questions and share your own stories.
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #221 for Wednesday, May 1, 2019
- 00:01:55 Kirk La Sala from Tanglefree Waterfowl
- From the archives: SBS Interview with Tanglefree Waterfowl
- 00:02:59 I had money for three months and $100 for beer!
- 00:04:37 Affiliate Marketing to the Rescue
- 00:08:18 The Only Way to Scale a Service Business is by Hiring People
- 00:10:40 The importance of early adoption
- 00:11:47 “Out of Necessity I had to learn…”
- 00:16:00 Add to your talent stack
- 00:17:55 Are you selling something people are already looking for?
- 00:21:30 Chart your objectives based on impact and time
- 00:24:02 Starting Look at Mommy
- 00:28:27 Supportive employers
- 00:31:13 Shift from wholesale to direct to consumer with Tanglefree
- 00:34:59 Next level: Mixing Pull and Push
- 00:36:30 Email Marketing isn’t Dead
- 00:39:40 Create an editorial calendar
- 00:44:23 Set up your Analytics and Look for Unexploited Channels
- 00:46:59 SBS 221 Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 47:42 — 32.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More