We often talk about travel being one of the huge benefits of owning a Small Business. Being able to expand your world with travel is certainly a big part of living the Charmed Life of a Small Business owner.
Today, we get a chance to talk with someone who’s been on the other side of that equation, running travel and lifestyle related businesses. Gilbert Gauteraux has started, built and managed several travel and lifestyle businesses including JustLuxe.com and his latest venture, HotelsVillasDirect.com.
Gilbert has had some significant corporate experience, as well as starting and running his own Small Businesses, so we get a chance to dig deep into the pros and cons of each type of experience to get the show started.
Listen in and you’ll hear how HotelVillasDirect uses content creation to add value to their customers (both B2B and consumers) while driving leads to their website. You’ll also learn how the online travel market works, the multiple layers of information needed to close a sale and why it’s important for a hotel to be in control of the customer service experience directly.
Gilbert also spends time talking about leveraging the customer relationship in as many ways as possible and the challenges of educating investors and partners about what their business model really is, versus the perception of how the market operates.
Join us today for this episode of the Small Business Show with your hosts Shannon Jean and Dave Hamilton. There’s some great insights from this episode that will help any Small Business owner.
After the show, join us at the Small Business Support Group to ask questions, make comments and share your own Small Business story.
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #210 for Wednesday, February 13, 2019
- 00:00:58 Gilbert Gautereaux from JustLuxe.com and HotelsVillasDirect.com
- 00:05:07 Working on your own vs. Working for someone else
- 00:05:57 Taking notes in the middle of the night
- 00:08:09 Starting HotelsVillasDirect
- 00:12:49 Prioritizing the Customer Service Relationship
- “One Throat to Choke”
- 00:16:49 SPONSOR: Abby Connect. Get $95 off your first bill at AbbyConnect.com/sbs
- 00:19:00 SPONSOR: TextExpander.com/podcast gets you 20% off your first year
- 00:21:14 Content Creation to Acquire Customers
- Sojoun Blvd
- HVD Marketing Inc. – Lead generation platform and travel publishing group
- 00:27:05 Three Pillars: Custom Content, Search Engine, Digital Solution
- 00:29:16 Content for Conversions
- 00:31:07 Making noise is difficult, focus on your business model
- 00:33:14 Try to leverage your customers in as many ways as possible
- 00:36:15 SBS 210 Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 37:10 — 25.6MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More