Join us today for the 200th episode of the *Award Winning* Small Business Show! We’re thrilled to have been ranked as the #1 Small Business Podcast by Feedspot for 2018 and we couldn’t have done it without our listeners. Your Co-Hosts Dave Hamilton and Shannon Jean thank you!
Today we are focusing on Collaboration – why it’s important for you personally, your Small Business, your partners and employees. You’ll hear why Collaboration is good for your own well being, allows you to share your knowledge with other people and learn from specialists in other fields.
We discuss the power of bringing together different viewpoints and experiences to help come up with and refine ideas, to offer suggestions, make changes and corrections in a two-way flow of knowledge that will dramatically improve your output. Collaboration also helps keep you accountable because it’s easy to let yourself down, but much more difficult to let other people down.
Shannon discusses the concept of Collaboration as a tool to bring together different business concepts and to apply ideas from a completely different product or service to your own Small Business – sometimes a completely different take on things can be the differentiator that you need for success.
There’s a few more tips about why Collaboration matters so much before we jump into ways to get yourself and your team to Collaborate. We’ve got a one-word solution for your team that you don’t want to miss. Join us today and then visit the Small Business Support Group to Collaborate with other Small Business owners.
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #200 for Wednesday, December 5, 2018
- 00:01:23 A major award: Top Feedspot Small Business Podcast
- 00:03:11 Collaboration is good for the soul
- 00:07:37 You Don’t Know What You Don’t Know
- 00:10:19 It’s much easier to let yourself down than it is a partner
- 00:14:02 “I never thought of that!”
- 00:20:28 How does a completely different business solve this problem?
- 00:25:33 Create a safe environment for ideas
- 00:27:50 Leverage Serendipity
- 00:31:57 Be OK with both Yes and No
- 00:35:49 Food is Collaboration
- 00:39:16 The value of Flex Time and Recognition
- Move employees around
- 00:41:32 SBS 200 Outtro