How many steps does it take for a customer to speak to a human at your business? How about placing an order? How easy is it for a return to be processed or a refund to be issued?
Over time, all of us can fall into the complexity trap of making things too complicated for our customers, our employees, and ourselves. Let’s call it Complexity Creep. As you work on solving problems, it’s easy to add “just one more step” or “one more option” to take care of a specific issue.
Today on The Small Business Show, your hosts Shannon Jean and Dave Hamilton start off with an update on what you need to be doing to get your PPP Loan forgiven before jumping into a discussion about why simplicity is so important for your Small Business success. Join us!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #338 for Wednesday, July 28, 2021
- 00:00:57 PPP Loan Forgiveness for the Second Round
- 00:07:43 SPONSOR: SaneBox. SaneBox’s Artificial Intelligence monitors your Inbox. Automatically, knucklehead email is moved to your SaneLater folder. All that’s left is the important stuff and your smiles. Use our link for 14-days free and a $25 credit.
- 00:09:11 SPONSOR: HelloFresh. Visit HelloFresh.com/sbs14 and use code sbs14 for up to 14 free meals and free shipping!
- 00:10:49 The Simplest Steps are the Ones You Don’t Take
- What is the minimum number of steps for you or your customer to do something?
- Avoid Complexity Creep
- Turn your returns into a competitive advantage
- Avoid Anecdotal Problems
- 00:19:47 Speaking of Simplicity: SBS 338 Outtro