What would happen if a favorite business that you visit often suddenly began introducing political comments in the mix of their marketing or posting political signs in their store. Would you respect their right to do so, even if you disagreed with their politics? Join Dave and Shannon on episode 98 of the Small Business Show as they discuss the pros and cons of mixing politics with your Small Business.
The discussion begins with Shannon discussing one of his favorite, daily news sites that has recently begun introducing political links and commentary into their daily content. Can you successfully mix your political beliefs and your business? Maybe that attracts customers to you or maybe it’s a disaster? Your hosts try to look at all angles of this topic as well as throwing in a few tips about creating your Charmed Life along with your Small Business.
Listen in and then share your thoughts on our Facebook Small Business Support page!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #98 December 21, 2016
- 00:01:05 Should politics be mixed with your business?
- 00:03:37 Daring Fireball … adds politics?
- 00:05:30 Curating your business’s audience
- 00:10:22 Politically agnostic or simply politically quiet
- 00:13:01 Contract of Respect
- 00:14:15 Priorities and Respect
- 00:18:43 Don’t be distracted from creating your OWN reality – your Charmed Life
- 00:21:05 When lodging a complaint, know your audience
- 00:24:12 What’s your business do with politics? Is it part of your niche?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 26:12 — 12.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More