Magic Phrases and Sentence Stems can vastly improve communication in your business. Use them in your sales department to close more deals, in your customer service department to solve problems more effectively, and as part of a system of best practices throughout your company. On this episode of Business Brain, Shannon Jean and Dave Hamilton share Jesse Pujji’s Sentent Stem concept combined with Magic Phrases – powerful words to learn more about.
- 00:00:00 Business Brain – The Entrepreneurs’ Podcast #447 for Wednesday, May 10th, 2023
- 00:02:00 What’s going on with the economy?
- 00:05:59 SPONSOR: Found. Business banking that tracks your expenses, helps you find write-offs, tracks your income, calculates your taxes, and then saves the right amount so you’re not scrambling at tax time. Signup for free at Found.com/brain today.
- 00:07:22 SPONSOR: Headspace helps improve mental health – through guided meditations, mindfulness practices, breathing and calming exercises, and so much more. try Headspace FREE for 60 days by going to Headspace.com/BRAIN60.
- 00:09:01 Jesse Pujji’s Sentence Stems – The templates for your verbal systems!
- Make them part of your culture!
- 00:18:40 BB 447 Outtro
- If your email is featured in an episode, you’re entered to win a MacBook Air in 2023
- TRAILER: Two Tokens of Customer Service – Business Brain 118
This AI-generated Business Brain article can provide more background and resources related to this topic.
As a sales professional, your ability to communicate effectively can make or break your success. Knowing how to craft persuasive language that resonates with your customers is an invaluable skill. One way to achieve this is by using “Magic Phrases” that have been proven to increase sales. In this article, we’ll discuss several Magic Phrases that can help you close deals and grow your business.
- “Imagine if…”
Starting your sales pitch with “Imagine if…” can be a powerful way to capture your customer’s attention and get them to envision a better future. This Magic Phrase taps into the power of visualization, allowing your customer to picture how your product or service could make their life easier or better. For example, if you’re selling a weight loss program, you might say, “Imagine if you could lose 10 pounds in just one month, without feeling hungry or deprived.”
“What would it mean to you if…”
Another effective Magic Phrase is “What would it mean to you if…” This phrase helps your customer focus on the benefits of your product or service and how it could improve their life. For example, if you’re selling a home security system, you might say, “What would it mean to you if you could leave your home without worrying about break-ins or theft?” This phrase helps your customer see the value of what you’re offering and how it could positively impact their life.
“Just to clarify…”
Clear communication is essential in sales. Using the Magic Phrase “Just to clarify…” can help ensure that your customer understands your pitch and is on the same page as you. This phrase allows you to restate important points, answer questions, and clarify any confusion your customer may have. For example, if you’re selling a new software product, you might say, “Just to clarify, our software includes a user-friendly interface and 24/7 customer support.”
“How can I help you?”
One of the most important aspects of sales is building rapport with your customer. Using the Magic Phrase “How can I help you?” shows that you’re interested in your customer’s needs and want to provide them with the best possible solution. This phrase also encourages your customer to share their concerns and challenges, allowing you to tailor your pitch to their specific needs. For example, if you’re selling a marketing service, you might say, “How can I help you improve your online presence and generate more leads?”
“The good news is…”
In sales, it’s important to emphasize the positive aspects of your product or service. The Magic Phrase “The good news is…” allows you to highlight the benefits of what you’re offering and put a positive spin on any challenges or concerns your customer may have. For example, if you’re selling a new product that’s more expensive than your competitors, you might say, “The good news is that our product is made with higher quality materials, which means it will last longer and require less maintenance.”
Using these Magic Phrases can help you communicate more effectively with your customers and increase your chances of closing a sale. By tapping into the power of visualization, emphasizing the benefits of your product or service, clarifying important points, building rapport with your customer, and highlighting the positive aspects of what you’re offering, you can create persuasive language that resonates with your customers and helps you achieve your sales goals.
– 10 Magic Phrases to Instantly Improve Your Sales (HubSpot)
– The Power of Persuasion: 6 Magic Phrases Top Salespeople Use (Inc.)
– How to Use Magic Phrases to Get More Sales (Salesforce)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 19:42 — 14.0MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More