Managing failure is a huge part of being a successful Small Business owner. How you work through failure, how you frame those failures in the stories you share with others and the story inside of your head are all a part of building your talent stack and learning as you take risks.
On this episode of The Small Business Show, join your hosts Shannon Jean and Dave Hamilton as they discuss ways to use the power of failure to propel your way towards success. In this episode, we will revisit the powerful Success List concept and get a chance to review Shannon’s Failure Resume. Listen in, learn, and then share your own tips by contacting us!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #292 for Thursday, September 3, 2020
- Let’s Fail!
- 00:11:17 SPONSOR: OTIS. Your New Digital Marketing Assistant. Get $25 Ad Credit at MeetOTIS.com/sbs
- 00:13:12 SPONSOR: Linode. Instantly deploy and manage an SSD server in the Linode Cloud. Get a server running in seconds with your choice of Linux distro, resources, and choice of 10 node locations. Visit Linode.com/SBS to start with a $20 credit.
- Failing and Sharing
- 00:14:38 Tip: When you get bad news, tell someone
- 00:18:10 Tip: Use Humor and some Self-Deprecation
- 00:20:26 Success List!
- 00:23:12 Beware swinging only for the fences
- 00:26:11 Business Wars: Fred Smith of FedEx
- 00:31:06 SBS Outtro
- Leave us a review
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 32:22 — 22.3MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More