What happens when your work ethic doesn’t match up with your business partner’s? And how should you communicate to a potential business partner about your work ethic expectation?
Join us on this episode of The Small Business Show to learn about managing work ethic expectations and how to resolve work ethic issues with existing business partners.
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #265 for Wednesday, March 4, 2020
- 00:03:09 Defining Work Ethic
- The “I want to work with you” dilemma
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad
- Have the approacher write up the “how will it work?” on the proposed partnership
- Are they telling you what you want to hear?
- Define success
- Ownership allocation
- 00:19:17 SPONSOR: Linode. Instantly deploy and manage an SSD server in the Linode Cloud. Get a server running in seconds with your choice of Linux distro, resources, and choice of 10 node locations. Visit Linode.com/SBS to start with a $20 credit.
- 00:21:30 Part 2: Defining Ongoing Policies and Conflict Resolution
- Define who helps resolve disputes
- Build your Formal Operating Agreement
- If you’re a perfectionist, you will be alone.
- 00:27:12 Part 3: Communication
- Keep it casual at first
- “Let’s both write down what our current duties are, and how much time they take us each day”
- “Maybe we need to get you an assistant.”
- Avoid “busy”, focus on “productive” (SBS 263)
- Try to come together
- Face-to-face vs. phone
- 00:36:30 Shannon’s Pick: American History Tellers Podcast
- 00:37:13 SBS 265 Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 39:08 — 27.5MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More