Have you found the Small Business Show useful? You can give a little love back to the show by leaving a quick review for us. It has a tremendous impact and could be the most powerful thing you do today. Thanks!
Being focused on accountability is a powerful way to steer yourself and your Small Business towards success. When you are holding yourself accountable, you are in charge of the actions you can take, however small they may be, to adjust, iterate and correct problems that may be holding you back.
Part one of our two-part series on accountability focuses on your own personal accountability and the concept of training yourself to believe that you are at least 85% responsible for your success with just 15% depending on random events. The premise of this idea comes to us from The 85% Solution by Linda Galindo.
With this 85/15 concept, your chances of being successful are much higher. People that blame their problems, mistakes, and failures on forces beyond their control are doomed to mediocrity.
Join your hosts Shannon Jean and Dave Hamilton for this episode to learn how to train your brain to embrace accountability with techniques related to responsibility, empowerment and more. We then dive into tips for how to react and adjust to your mistakes to create a powerful system for writing your own story of success.
Listen in, then share your own tips and get your questions answered at the Small Business Support Group!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #234 for Wednesday, July 31, 2019
- 00:01:33 Mrs. X-How to find the confidence to make the leap?
- 00:08:10 SPONSOR: Mint Mobile. To get your new wireless plan for just $15/month, and get the plan shipped to your door for FREE, go to MintMobile.com/sbs
- 00:10:51 SPONSOR: Linode. Instantly deploy and manage an SSD server in the Linode Cloud. Get a server running in seconds with your choice of Linux distro, resources, and choice of 10 node locations. Visit Linode.com/SBS and use promo code sbs2019 to start with a $20 credit.
- 00:12:55 Accountability is Freedom
- 00:14:56 The 85% Solution by Linda Galindo
- 00:18:17 Accountability is a learned skill
- 00:19:58 Your Success or Failure is Up to You
- 00:20:30 The Power of Failure
- 00:21:36 Tell relatable stories of failure
- 00:23:00 Everyone should have a side hustle to scare yourself
- 00:24:12 Mistakes are the stepping stones that lead you towards success
- 00:24:59 You alone have the power to write your own story
- 00:25:38 Let go of Sunk Costs
- 00:29:03 Don’t compare yourself with your competitors
- 00:31:04 The Other World Computing Customer Service Story
- 00:32:40 Manage Expectation
- 00:35:30 SBS 234 Outtro
- Call/Text us! (401) 472-4249
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 36:50 — 25.4MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More