Are you using video to market your Small Business? What problems does it solve and how about problems it can create? Join us today on the Small Business Show where we meet Adam Rahn of Droi Media to find answers to these questions and learn about Adam’s journey from freelancer to Small Business owner.
Adam shares his surprise at just how many “hats” he is now wearing to get his business up and running and how to manage those non-billable hours that can eat up your time as a Small Business owner. Dave and Shannon suggest diving into the EMyth book to learn more about working “on” your business instead of always “in” it and developing an org chart, even if your name fills every job duty.
We also spend some time talking about ways to promote yourself as an expert in your community, how to say no to new business when it is not in your (or your clients) best interest and what methods work well for communicating with new clients.
Winding up the show, we focus on the importance of digging deep to find your niche and keeping yourself creative when creativity is your business.
Join us today on the Small Business Show for these topics and more, then jump over to the Small Business Support Group to share your thoughts!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #115 April 19, 2017
- 00:01:28 Adam Rahn – Droi Media
- 00:04:33 Wearing many hats
- 00:06:09 EMyth – Working ON your business, not just IN it
- 00:07:08 Non-billable hours
- 00:08:04 “15 Minutes is Too Long” – Finding out what the client wants
- 00:11:37 Turning away business is sometimes a profitable decision
- 00:13:44 Position yourself as the community expert
- 00:17:20 Choose the right communication tools with your clients
- 00:20:13 When your creativity is your business
- 00:22:37 Becoming a grunt!
- 00:24:07 Future planning: carving a deeper niche
- 00:27:19 SBS 115 Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 29:03 — 13.4MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More