Small Business owners want happy and productive employees. Can you get those types of employees by giving them everything they say they want?
Do your employees really know what they want and if you plan on asking them, what’s the best way to phrase the question? Join us today on The Small Business Show where we discuss the problem with giving employees what they want along with more topics you don’t want to miss!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #373 for Wednesday, March 30, 2022
- 00:02:00 Back to Travel…and Back to Work!
- 00:03:45 Traveling Productively With a Portable Screen
- 00:08:46 SXSW-Interview with Reggie Fils-Aimé, President and COO of Nintendo (retired)
- 00:17:02 SPONSOR: Novo: Get Your Free business banking account in just 10 minutes at BankNovo.com/SBS.
- 00:18:37 SPONSOR: Hunter Douglas — Visit HunterDouglas.com/SBS today for your free “Style Gets Smarter” design guide to see their smart solutions for dressing your windows.
- 00:19:57 The Problem with Giving Employees What They Want
- The arrival fallacy – “The false belief that reaching a valued destination can sustain happiness.” – Dr. Tal Ben-Sharar, Harvard psychologist.
- What would you decide (if you were the manager)?
- 00:25:18 The Santa Story
- 00:28:16 Giving employees ownership
- We base our salaries on results and impact to the company’s profitability
- Separate performance reviews from salary reviews
- Keep perks temporary and/or rotational
- 00:37:43 SBS 373 Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 38:34 — 27.0MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More