If your business includes shipping products, having a strong relationship with a packaging and logistics company is critically important – In our experience, you can “leak” a tremendous amount of your cash out through your packaging and shipping costs.
To talk more about the importance of this topic, we’re thrilled to have Caitlin Corkill with us today. Caitlin is the founder of Paq-Source, a company that provides packaging and equipment, as well as logistics consulting to help you manage your shipping, packaging and warehousing.
There’s a lot to learn on this episode, join us, then visit the Small Business Support Group to ask questions and share your own story.
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #163 for Wednesday, March 21, 2018
- 00:00:56 Caitlin Corkill – Paq-Source
- 00:02:01 Worked for a family friend and then time to leave.
- 00:02:27 Eight months notice led to … not leaving!
- 00:03:37 Finding an overlooked city
- 00:04:10 Consolidating two offices
- Finding reliability inside efficiency
- 00:05:13 You learn so much about a business by being on a sales call
- 00:06:04 Are you ever surprised?
- 00:07:40 It’s like toner!
- 00:08:33 The importance of customer referrals
- 00:09:50 No Catalog, Just Solutions!
- Avoid the bottom-feeders
- 00:11:38 “We sell commodities but we are not to be commoditized!”
- 00:12:50 Growing companies are our bread-and-butter
- “The companies where we thrive are the companies that are growing.”
- 00:13:35 What’s your sales/marketing process?
- 00:15:11 “Making money is easy, making it worth something is the fun in running a business.”
- 00:15:55 CARES = Customer Centric Adaptable Experts Solid.
- 00:16:19 Ten Paq Commandments (h/t to Biggie Smalls)
- 00:17:40 It’s a community you have, not just a business
- 00:21:27 Process, Process, Process (Process!)
- 00:24:40 Running between two cities
- 00:25:23 SBS 163 Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 26:47 — 12.4MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More
Laura Hearlihy · March 28, 2018 at 09:52
Great interview! Refreshing to hear her problem-solving approach for her clients – I hope she continues to build on her success.