Join us this week on the Small Business Show for an insightful interview with Winemaker Tony Biagi to hear his story of moving from being employed by wineries to starting his own consulting business and eventually creating his own wine label, Patria.
During this episode, you’ll learn about how Tony built his own brand equity with his consulting business and how Tony learned early on to “not chase money, let it chase you”. Shannon Jean and Dave Hamilton discuss with Tony the challenges of stepping into situations where you are there to solve problems and how he works through the “because we’ve always done it this way” mentality.
Tony talks about how nature plays a huge role in his business and how he has adapted to take advantage of the good and downplay when things don’t go right. We ask Tony about his favorite mistake and we were not surprised to hear a common answer of “apprehension” and not taking the jump early enough to go out on his own.
Listen in for all this and more before you join us over on the Small Business Support Group with your questions and comments.
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #178 for Wednesday, July 4, 2018
- 00:01:42 Tony Biagi Winemaker, Consultant, Entrepreneur
- Patria Wines
- 00:02:43 Winemaking: a marine biologists dream
- 00:04:38 Formulating a plan… and seeing it through to fruition
- Don’t chase money, let it chase you
- 00:07:28 Building your own brand equity while consulting
- 00:09:30 Trust your gut, own your decisions.
- 00:11:17 Think critically, be proactive
- 00:12:07 Blossom yourself and your business by empowering others to do the job
- 00:14:49 Every decision needs a purpose
- “Because we did it before” is not a good answer
- 00:17:00 Stop and recognize the charmed life
- 00:18:44 When nature plays a role in your business
- 00:20:55 Protect your reputation
- 00:21:40 Weather patterns, “Global Weirding”, and Risk Management
- 00:23:31 Tony’s favorite mistake: Apprehension
- 00:24:51 Believe in yourself and take the jump!
- 00:25:06 Stop chasing your competitors and start working on your business
- 00:26:26 Accept your role
- Chase what you love, money will find you
- 00:28:22 Focus on what’s next
- Relationships and people
- 00:30:38 Find Tony Biagi: email@example.com
- 00:36:00 You’re buying the person and the product
- 00:36:57 SBS Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 37:34 — 17.3MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More