Hiring the right person for your Small Business is critically important. Hire wrong and you could be making a very expensive mistake. Join us today on the Small Business Show as we discuss the where, when and how of hiring.
Dave Hamilton and Shannon Jean have hired hundreds of employees for their businesses during their careers. Listen in to hear tips on where to find qualified candidates, how to make sure you actually need to hire in the first place and what steps to take during the hiring process to insure you get the right person for the job.
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #177 for Wednesday, June 27, 2018
- 00:02:41 Cory asks: Where, When, and How to Hire?
- Hire slowly, fire quickly
- 00:03:53 Where to hire?
- 00:09:09 Communicate your culture to attract the right people
- 00:10:26 What’s the value add?
- 00:13:19 Do you need to hire?
- 00:15:02 SPONSOR: Simple Contacts – Get $30 off at https://simplecontacts.com/sbs or enter SBS at checkout
- 00:16:58 SPONSOR: Visit TextExpander.com/podcast for 20% off your first year.
- 00:18:20 How to Hire?
- Test to see how people handle situations
- 00:20:56 Use the litmus test to sell your company to candidates
- 00:22:30 Salary history… if you can!
- 00:24:13 Test communication through the entire process
- 00:27:00 Double-team interviewing
- 00:28:37 What’s one thing I should remember about you?
- 00:30:20 The power of silence
- 00:31:50 The offer: your time to sell!
- 00:33:51 Don’t skip new-hire orientation!
- 00:35:43 Contact us! email@example.com
- 00:36:15 SBS Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 36:50 — 17.0MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More
Corey G · June 27, 2018 at 18:20
Great job, as usual, guys! I just got done listening. Coincidentally I had just finished posting a new job ad here on Linked In when I saw the new post. I totally agree with everything you guys discussed. Hiring is an arduous and interfering process that I think most employers would rather not have to do. When you find a good employee, do what you can to keep them happy!
shannon · July 2, 2018 at 21:06
Thanks for the feedback, Corey!