It’s time for a Grab Bag episode of the Small Business Show! Tips and short topics that Dave Hamilton and Shannon Jean have been waiting for an open episode to share with you. Join us today while we talk about:
Why attending conferences and business events can have a huge positive impact on your Small Business and personal brand.
The power of Referred Trust and being cautious when using your Social Capital with referrals.
Pricing your product and services – is letting your customers set value and price a good idea? Using variable pricing in parts of your Small Business.
Using Premium Pricing to up-sell your customers.
Customer service and it’s impact on your brand. Using the Apple situation as an opportunity to learn.
Listen in to this episode of the Small Business Show for these topics and more! Then, join us in the Small Business Support Group to ask your questions and share your comments.
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #156 for Wednesday, January 31, 2018
- 00:01:19 Grab Bag Episode
- 00:01:38 Becoming eBay Event
- 00:04:04 eBay is trying to buy busses
- 00:04:53 SBS 136: Why you need to attend events and conferences
- 00:05:26 “Business is a Full Contact Sport”
- 00:07:52 Referred Trust
- 00:10:00 Being cautious with your social capital
- 00:12:20 It’s all about the nuance
- 00:12:48 The benefits and risks of inserting yourself as the middleman
- 00:16:11 Letting your customers set their own prices
- 00:21:51 What parts of your business make sense for variable pricing?
- 00:25:20 Situational Pricing
- “The $100 Pat on The Back”
- 00:27:07 Variable relative pricing
- 00:29:03 Alternative: showing the value of premium
- 00:31:35 The keys to success: Free shipping and free returns!
- 00:33:31 “Your profit margin is my opportunity”
- 00:34:23 Apple’s hubris impacting their customer service
- 00:39:25 Never forget: We’re all in the customer service business
- SBS 118: Pick the right customer service token!
- 00:39:59 SBS Outtro