How do you choose the best accounting software for your Small Business? What’s right for one business may not fit the needs of another. Today on The Small Business Show we talk Accounting software during our introduction and then it’s on to books and Podcasts!
What business books are your hosts Shannon Jean and Dave Hamilton reading? Join us today to learn about the books that have made an impact on the Small Business success of your hosts. Dave and Shannon also dive into their current favorite Podcasts that they are listening to. Listen in and learn!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #348 for Wednesday, October 6, 2021
- 00:01:00 Quick Bambee Discussion
- 00:01:26 Selling Your Business… To the Government?
- 00:05:09 1202 Small Business Stock Gains Exclusion
- 00:07:50 What Accounting Software Do You Use for Your Business’s Bookkeeping?
- AccountEdge (formerly MYOB)
- What features does my business need?
- 00:17:53 SPONSOR: NetSuite. NetSuite by Oracle is the #1 Financial System – no matter how big your business grows. NetSuite is offering a one-of-a-kind financing program only for those ready to switch today! Head to NetSuite.com/sbs
- 00:19:26 SPONSOR: Bambee – Let Bambee help with your dedicated HR Manager! Go to Bambee.com/SMALL right now to schedule your free HR audit.
- 00:21:16 Business Books and Podcasts
- 00:21:20 Book: The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson
- 00:22:59 Podcast: Marketing Over Coffee – Christopher Penn and John Wall. Link-building, SEO, and Mailing Lists! Moves fast, and the hosts stay right with each other. Great stuff! Tip: LinkedIn 60-seconds, 3x/day, 5 days. Fixed!
- 00:25:08 Book: The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale
- 00:26:36 Podcast: The Business of Story – Park Howell understands the (super!) power of story, and interviews folks who have lived the same. He often talks about “living into” your story.
- 00:28:29 Book: The E-Myth by Michael Gerber — Learn how to work on your business, not in your business. Create an org chart for every job you do!
- 00:30:01 Podcast: As Told By Nomads — Tayo Rockson interviews folks with a global, big picture. Good for inspiration and also for zooming out and seeing the world from outside of our little bubbles. Hustle, innovation, and the importance of marketing are recurring topics here.
- 00:32:02 Biography Books: Andrew Carnegie, Biography by David Nasaw; The People’s Tycoon (Henry Ford)
- 00:35:19 Podcast: Focused — David Sparks and Mike Schmitz are as obsessed with being productive-not-busy as we are, and they attack it from efficiency angles twice a month. Awesome stuff.
- 00:37:02 Book: Influence — The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini – Focusing on Reciprocity, Social proof, Scarcity, and more.
- 00:38:34 Book: The Dilbert Principle by Scott Adams — Great inspiration for solo-preneurs, persuasion.
- 00:42:24 SBS 348 Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 43:45 — 30.6MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More
Todd S. · October 12, 2021 at 12:36
I’d respectfully disagree with your comment “…nobody uses AccountEdge (MYOB) anymore”. Tell our tens of thousands of customers in North America that. And, we listen to your show!@
Shannon Jean · October 13, 2021 at 13:12
Thanks for your comment, Todd! I am reaching out to you to see if you would like to be a guest on the Small Business Show to talk about accounting software for Small Businesses.